Monday, September 14, 2009

Pregnancy


February
We conceived the day after my 35th birthday. We had help getting pregnant (in-vitro fertilization), although at the most we expected twins. The boy in the twin pair decided to split into two - so we got a pair and a spare (two identical twins and a fraternal twin). But we did not know this till later.
March
As soon as my boss was aware that I was pregnant, I was laid off for "no particular reason". My husband works, but I was the breadwinner. The day after the lay off, we found out that there were three in the oven. I nearly cried. My husband, thankfully, chimed in with "it's going to be OK".
April & May
My daughter's 11th birthday. The house has been on the market since March in this worse than ever time to sell a house. We are hopeful, though. I am looking for jobs like crazy.
June
The house is under contract. We tell my daughter about the triplets. She is excited, even volunteers to change diapers.
July
House is sold. What a relief (it was our biggest expense). We spend a week at my husband's first ever family reunion (his parents both died within the last 2 years). It's on the Outer Banks of NC in Rodanthe. I am 24 weeks now and feeling it. I am as big as a full-term woman with one child. I am thankful for the elevator at the house that was rented at the OBX. Otherwise we temporarily live in Raleigh, renting a room in a townhouse.
August
I got a job offer. It's less pay but more stability. Nicer town. And I can start in January! We found a school for my daughter, then a place to live near the bus stop. I transfered my care to local OB's. School started and my daughter liked it despite a ton of homework (a weight off my chest).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers